Fun and frolics in Oz

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sydney to Wollongong - 90km bike ride

Call me crazy but on Sunday the 5th of November I am doing a 90km bike ride - Sydney to Wollongong



This is no ordinary bike ride - there are major mountains to negotiate on this course as the map of the elevation below illustrates - and they tell us its "one of the most scenic sporting events this country has to offer".



So the starting venue is Sydney Park in St Peters - almost right outside my front door - thats the easy part getting to the start line. The difficult bit of getting to the finish line - in Wollongong, 90kms away.

The map on the left shows the route we will be taking - cycling south via Brighton Le Sands, the Royal National Park and the spectacular new Sea Cliff Bridge. I quote from the website "When you feel that sea breeze on your face you’ll know it’s been worth the wait" - I'm not so sure that it will be as enjoyable as they make out but we'll see.

Oh and a special thanks to Ollie O'Flanagan for his very helpful tip - he recommends steaks down the jocks to ward off saddle chaff

My team mate Hayley Golden is gonna be my companion on this journey and she will be doing it on her beautiful bike called Belle. - click here for a pic!

For any of you kind generous people out there that would like to sponsor us you can do so by clicking here. Thanks a million to those who have so munificently donated so far - it is very much appreciated.

10 Comments:

Blogger pip said...

After seeing that cross-sectional map of the terrain I don't know why Hayley tried to convince me to do that on a one-speed bike. The only reason I can think of is that she is pure evil. I think she is now going to borrow an actual road bike.
As for you, I hope you're in training. I'm sure your crotch is, but how about the endurance?

11:20 AM

 
Blogger Clodagh said...

lets face it pip - you had no intentions of doing it ... even if it was downhill all the way you prob wouldnt do it

12:34 PM

 
Blogger pip said...

if it was down hill all the way i would have done. how intriguing, erinis talking to harry on the phone beside me. she just said 'yo'.
she also tells him she is flexible.

12:42 PM

 
Blogger Clodagh said...

Other news from room 410: itchy-crotch has just reentered the office - euwww

1:42 PM

 
Blogger pip said...

Bingo (cough)

3:33 PM

 
Blogger pip said...

It says 'YOU SUCK'

3:34 PM

 
Blogger Clodagh said...

well you suck farts out of arses

3:39 PM

 
Blogger Clodagh said...

... wishing i had my camera in with me now ...

3:39 PM

 
Blogger Clodagh said...

Thanks Fire-crotch!
Slightly disturbing thought about the camera!

3:45 PM

 
Blogger Clodagh said...

Bingay tomorrow night!

3:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home